Thursday, June 26, 2008


Some evil bastard in my neighborhood has put out rat poison.

PAWS called me and I found out about the fate of my squirrel. She was blind and slowly and painfully dying from eating rat poison. Thankfully, PAWS was able to put her out of her misery before dying got a lot worse. Now I'm worried about my Bijou, all the neighborhood wildlife, and people's pets.

Because of this, I did a little research, and it turns out that just weeks ago the EPA laid down the law on distribution of rat poison. Unfortunately, rat poison manufacturers have 3 years to comply.

I'm sad and angry. And now Bijou wants to go out into the sunshine and I can't let her.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Poor squirrel. Atleast they could put the poor thing out of it's misery. How long do you have to keep Bijou inside? That really sucks.