Saturday, April 14, 2007

Brad-O-Meter

My brother Brady has begun hiking the Appalachian Trail, and I've decided to set up a Brad-O-Meter to track his progress. The yellow line on the maps shows how far he's gone.

The AT is approximately 2,175 miles long. That will be a lot of walking. I envy him! I wish I had the time to take off a summer or even a week or two to go with him. I've got my vacation time already parcelled out in other ways this year, so no luck for me. Oh well...

He started last weekend at Springer Mountain in Georgia, and he just checked in from Hiawassee, GA and Dicks Creek Gap. He has hiked the most evil amount of 66.6 miles. Ooooooh! Scary!

















His buddy Jim has posted photos of Brady starting out on Facebook.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Yowza...that's a long walk.