Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Bike Goddess

I'm very proud of myself -- I biked about 17 miles yesterday, and I'm not sore! I usually only bike to the gym and back for a total of about 1.5 miles, but I guess all of my other exercise means I'm in pretty good shape! It's nice to have some bio-feedback reminding me I'm being such a good girl.

I biked up to the Shoreline Library (where I work) to get a flu shot and exchange some books. Then I headed home with a stop by Lowes to pick up a few odds and ends. Eco-friendly errands!

Thanks to Rick the Teen Master, I was able to plan out a fairly level route by using the USA Track and Field website. It's great! You can plot a route, and a cutaway map will show you your elevation change. It's a great way to avoid unnecessary hills. I also have a copy of the King County Bicycling Guidemap, but many of the small bike paths I discovered aren't on it, so I'm pretty disappointed in it.

No comments: