Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Hoppy Bun-O-Ween!

Happy Halloween folks! Here's Disapprove-O-Lantern 2.0 in action. The original turned to mush, and is now a gigantic furry mass in my yard recycling container. Ugh.

Curiomanic Tidbit
I was reading the latest issue of Natural History yesterday, and I found a tasty little tidbit that combines several of my random fact interests: science, etymology, and ancient Rome. Here it is in context:

Population displacements and conflict over shared surface and groundwater resources are bound to exacerbate international turmoil. It is no coincidence that the word "rival" derives from the Latin word for "one living on the opposite bank of a stream from another."
Blue planet blues, by Eleanor J. Sterling, Natural History, November 2007, p. 31.
Good word! I really appreciate that word now. Mmmm, tastes good!

1 comment:

Petula Darling said...

Great job - this one is even better than the first!