Monday, April 14, 2008

Death Wish and Spring

Apparently, I am either cursed or I have a death wish. Yesterday I:

  • Woke up with a knot in my back, a stiff neck, and a headache.
  • As I trotted up the stairs, I tripped and sprained my big toe. Owchie.
  • As I hobbled up the stairs, I stubbed my sprained toe.
  • Sitting safely (I thought) on the couch, I whacked my hand into the coffee table while playing Super Mario Galaxy on my new Wii. Video games *do* cause violence.
  • While making dinner, I burned the same whacked hand *twice* with steam.
Now because of my swollen black and blue toe, I can't go to my aerobics class or my bhangra dance class tonight, which is probably just as well, for my own safety.

On a nicer note, after the coldest spring in Seattle since the 50s, Spring has finally arrived! Saturday was about 70 and blazingly sunny. I sat in my new blue Ecuadorean hammock and reveled in the sun and warmth. It was cool again Sunday, but today is clearing off again. I'm really ready for this! I've been checking my NestCam, but so far no activity.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

There must be something in the air. I sprained my ankle on Saturday. I hope your luck is getting better :)