Thursday, March 26, 2009

Whither Spring?

Sigh. One of the reasons I don't miss Maine is that Spring comes to Seattle so much earlier. We've had crocuses, daffodils, snowdrops, and primroses for a month or more. But dang it's still cold! I want warm sunshine! And Bijou and JoJo agree:
We should all be out in the yard basking in the sunshine and enjoying the first outside (non-alcoholic) beer of the year. But no, we're snuggled up to heaters and still sleeping on flannel sheets. Cold rain, cold rain, cold rain, and sometimes slush from the sky. Most years I have to really restrain myself from putting my houseplants out before April 1st. This year I think I might even need to wait a few weeks longer. Well, hopefully we'll be repaid by an absolutely fabulous summer.

Whine whine whine

No comments: