Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Holiday Dinner

I gave my 3rd annual Former Femmes and Friends holiday dinner on Sunday. I always forget about pictures in my cleaning, cooking, and serving frenzy, but I managed one postprandial picture:
I made all the dishes from The Philosopher's Kitchen: Recipes from Ancient Greece and Rome for the Modern Cook. We had figs soaked in wine with nuts and honey, chickpea bread, acorn squash slathered in sherry and honey and nuts, leek and celery and lemon soup, chicken stuffed with couscous and grapes and slathered with nuts and wine, and hazelnut custards slathered in Amaretto. Those ancients really knew how to get their nuts and alcohol!

Thanks for coming over you guys, I had a great time!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

All the recipes in that book looked so yummy! I love how much Michael dressed up for the occasion :)