Thursday, March 29, 2007

A Few of My Favorite Things

When I was a young gal, I had so many books I decided I needed to catalog them to keep track of them. I organized them and then came up with my own numbering system so I could always get them back on the shelf in the right order. I was a library nerd 20 years before I knew I wanted to become a librarian! Sad or funny?

Needless to say, I am very pleased by today's Learning 2.0 lesson: LibraryThing. You can catalog your own books! Add your own tags to find books with the words you think make sense! I mean, really LCSH folks, who looks for cookbooks under "cookery"? It also seems to be an excellent tool for book talking with and getting recommendations from your virtual peers.

I've cataloged a few of my recent faves, and I think I'll try to review books as a read them to keep this up to date. I've changed my "Guess What I'm Reading" widget to the LibraryThing widget.

No comments: