Sunday, March 7, 2010

Butts Up!

The big news this week is that Zane has learned to get himself up on his hands and knees! It was very sudden. I've been trying to put him in that position for a while now, but he always pancaked out onto his belly immediately. Wednesday I saw him go from his belly to a kind of upright Prayer Pose and start rocking. By Friday he was getting himself up on all fours for brief periods, and this weekend he's doing it constantly and holding it for about a minute. As you can see from the photo above, he is very pleased with himself. Michael and I have started discussing strategies for getting our stuff out of reach when he goes mobile. Here is video evidence:


Zane's cough is slowly getting better, and his nose snot is gone. His sleep is also slowly getting better, but with his new-found muscles he's escaping from his swaddle at night and waking himself up with his arms flailing. I tried one night with out the swaddle and that was not a good night. My baby group nurse Anne Keppler says that when babies learn new skills they practice them in their sleep and get restless, so maybe that's what's going on. In order to encourage night-long fasting, I'm just holding him in bed until he goes to sleep, and then putting him back in the crib.

Earlier in the week I got Zane to start practicing on the banjo:


Tomorrow we go swimming!

No comments: