Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sweet Bijou

Friday I found out that our cat Bijou has diabetes. The normal blood glucose levels are 80 - 150, and her level is 730. Yesterday I went into the vets' and learned to give her insulin injections, which I will give her twice a day. It's not as bad as I imagined, as the needle is tiny and she doesn't even seem to notice.

Bijou is 15 1/2, so it is not unusual that something like this would come up. Her kidneys are also on the downward slide, but not so bad as the diabetes.

Poor Bijou! First we get a rabbit, then we get a baby, and now she has diabetes! She seems low energy, drinks tons of water and is pissing like a race horse. The insulin should take care of the water intake and output. For the low energy, I think I just need to spare he more of my attention.

No comments: