Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sicko

First, good news. Zane is getting very dexterous and can feed himself with a bottle if he's lying down. He can hold it, and take it out of his mouth and put it back in. He's also really lifting himself way up on his arms, and starting to get his butt up in the air. Crawling is on the horizon!

We're dealing with a cold this weekend. Thursday I dropped Zane off at daycare and I saw a baby boy sitting there with a massively snotty face. Hmm, I thought, we'll be seeing that at home soon. Yep, Friday night Zane started getting cranky and by early Saturday morning he was snotty. Oh well, I guess that's part of what daycare is all about. Helps build his immune system. Poor Zane got so tired and stuffed that yesterday he wouldn't eat for several hours, which worried me. Some trial and error has made me think he needs to get enough sleep before he will eat, so I'll try to focus more on that today. Yesterday I had to put him in his stroller and go for a walk to get him to rest, and I'll probably do that again today just to make sure he gets good sleep. Zane is such a trooper, though. As long as he is distracted with fun, he stays the happy boy he usually is. It's just very tiring and intense. Yesterday I was covered with snot and saliva, tired, hungry, thirsty, unshowered and still in my PJs at 2pm. I hadn't been able to clean up after pets, and I may have forgotten Bijou's insulin. When Michael got up I finally got a little break.

Oh, and Bijou, poor Bijou. It turns out we're not getting any where near controlling her diabetes. She now is pissing in the living room. Plus bouts of colitis which give her foul diarrhea from hell. I bought a carpet steam cleaner, and cleaned her pee spots, but she just peed there again. Sometimes poop falls out of her butt onto the floor when she gets out of the litter box before she's done. I don't know if her problems are all physical or also some dementia. I think once the weather warms up the house is really going to reek. And then, of course, JoJo has to have sludge butt attacks, too. I'm constantly cleaning up someone's pee, poop, or spit up. Yay.

On a more peaceful note, here is Zane helping Michael wake up:

This has been my last full week home with Zane. Tuesday he'll be in daycare from 1:30 to 9:30! This week we had our last Tuesday night bath. Zane usually goes to bed at 9:30, so I don't know how disruptive this will be. He'll also be in daycare from 9:30-6:30 most Thursdays and Fridays. This week is also my first weekend on, so I'll be away from him a lot. It will be very hard on me! And Zane and Michael will have a crash course in full days of togetherness. It'll be good for both of them. For me? Not so much.

2 comments:

Global Grandma said...

It sounds like the "Sh.. has hit the fan" and the floor, and the everything at the Gibson house! It is to be expected but not welcome that he will now get germs being with other kids. Yikes, I am sorry you have to go back to work when everything is difficult. Strange to think that work may be where you will rest! Love to all, MOM

Stephanie said...

Poor litte guy. Poor you! I can totally relate :) I swear I've had to clean up someone or somethings poop or pee for 16 years. It's never ending.

I LOVE that pic of Michael and Zane waking up :)

I can't wait to see you guys again. My show is next week then we'll be a little more normalized around here and can hopefully meet up and have Kyrin help out Michael on the weekends.

Snorgle the wee guy for me K?