Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Mr. Sandman

Oh, dear. I was going to do this post Monday night, but then our internet connection was spotty and I couldn't. Better late than never!

Monday I took Zane to a nearby park. We've been there before, but this was the first time he could trot around by himself and decide what to do. After standing still for a survey, we went to the slides for a short time and then to the swings. From the swings Zane spied The Sandbox! Wow. Full of trucks. He had an awesome time and got thoroughly filthy. We also had our first time on the little zip line, and Zane said "Wheee!"

Zane has been wanting to be a big boy, and he is requesting to sit on the regular chairs instead of his high chair. I got out a booster seat I bought long ago, and Zane was mightily pleased.

Another big boy change is that Zane is starting to move to one nap a day. At home he naps at 11:ish for about 1.5 hours. It's a little early and a little short, but I've still been keeping him up instead of letting him have a nap at 4:30 or 5 which is what he wants. Instead he's going to sleep at 7 or 7:30, which I like a lot! Today when I dropped him off at daycare I found out that when he's there he routinely stays up until 1 or 1:30 before taking a nap! I guess it's pretty exciting there. Meanwhile, during this transition we're weathering some mighty tired and cranky times.

He's picking up a few more words here and there. Ball, boob, crow. He's almost got vase and shell from looking at stuff in our hallway. He has figured out how to get past the toilet paper guard to get a little toilet paper, but at least he can't spin off the whole roll. Pretty soon he'll be figuring out the toilet lock and the baby gate.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something wonderful and cute! I want to get this post out, though, so I will end for today with some music to enjoy.


1 comment:

Global Grandma said...

Hola Mr. Sandman,

Finally my JPQ/Zane fix of the week arrived!! Well of course you love sand and will forever.... now with trucks and later with volleyball and watching girls.

You look sooooo like your Dad sitting in the booster seat. Guess Mom is only in the skinny bod and picky eater part?

Glad you are practicing the banjo and dancing to folk music in preparation for our Fiddle Tunes adventure next June.

And speaking of adventures..... I have turned in my resignation from teaching effective in June, and guess what I put in the place that asks the reason? A photo of you and your Maine cousins!!!

Love and hugs
Grandma Diann